The most important meal of the day




How many of you out there do not eat breakfast every day? The majority of people I know typically skip this meal and I am here to tell you why NOT to miss breakfast and give you tips on being able to fit prepping and eating into our crazy, busy mornings.

First of all, breakfast is so delicious....why would you want to skip it? Eating in the morning kick starts your metabolism so you can head into the day being a lean, mean fat burning machine. Also, if you eat something of sustenance (ie, not just a piece of fruit or a granola bar), you will stay fuller for longer and will be less likely to snack between meals. Eating a substantial breakfast is especially important if you are like me and get your workouts done in the morning. If you start your morning with an intense workout and then do not eat anything at all, or something very minimal, your body will not be able to repair itself and you could also go into "starvation" mode where your body holds on to the extra fat instead of burning it causing you to either gain weight, or have a harder time losing it. It is best to eat a breakfast that contains some sort of complex carb, protein, and a healthy fat.










This is a pretty standard breakfast for me. Not only is this a very clean meal (Whole30 compliant, ya'll), but it includes all the necessary building blocks mentioned above. And the best part is it takes me less than 10 minutes to cook. On my meal prep days (I cannot stress enough how important meal prep is to help stay on track with your nutrition), I cut up and roast sweet potato so I can easily have it already prepared and just in need of a quick reheat. In the morning, I sautee them with some veggies of my choosing, typically tomatoes and spinach, and I cook up a couple eggs and, voila! You now have a hearty and healthy breakfast that will get your day started off right! I also like to make burger patties on my meal prep day and then have that with an egg and avocado and some sweet potato "fries." If you take some time during the week to prep ahead of time, it really is super easy to eat an actual breakfast. So stop skipping breakfast and give your body what it needs to run efficiently throughout the day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changing things up

Chiropractic Care

Don't be that person (A dummy's guide to gym etiquette)